Friday, August 29, 2008

Merdeka, merdeka, merdeka!



As tomorrow is the 51st celebration of the independence of our beloved country, Malaysia and the end of the NECF 40 day prayer. I have realised that we as citizens of this country have a duty to pray for our land and our leaders. i love my country very much, i really do, but it is also with great sadness that i admit i have never been a patriotic person at heart. Yes, I celebrate merdeka every year and I enjoy it because I get a holiday (don't we all?) and Yes, I may sing patriotic songs and wave her flag but i think it's time to go beyond that. 


I truly believe that God has put each and everyone of us in Malaysia for a purpose. I was born here, and raised here for a reason and this is the land that He has given me. Malaysia may not have the best transport system nor is it the cleanest country but Malaysia is definitely the land for me. The sun will always shine brighter and the rain will pour with much love for me in Malaysia because my family and friends and all that is dear to my heart resides here.

Therefore, i will show my love to my land by praying for her and all those who live in our beautiful country, that God will give us the much needed revival & come and heal our land. We all are truly blessed in many ways which we do not realise and with much complain, we often overlook the beauty of what God has given us. 

We can do more than pray after we have prayed but 
we cannot do more than pray until we have prayed. 
I will do my part, will you do yours?

If my people, who are called by my name,
will humble themselves and pray and 
seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, 
then will I hear from heaven and forgive their sin
and heal their land
2 Chronicles 7:14

May God's favour and everlasting love be upon my Malaysia always. (:

No comments: