Sunday, August 23, 2009

Oops, caffeine does it again


I have a problem.


To be exact,


a problem with coffee.


I just found out recently that I have a low tolerance towards caffeine and I react quickly when I consume too much of it. sigh. I am not a person who love having drinks with caffeine often because I much prefer sky juice most of the time. However, i start realising my problem a few months ago when I drank a cup of coffee after dinner one day just because I felt like it. The effect of the one little cup was horrid! :( My sister was the poor victim who had to listen to me uttering nonsense till 3am in the morning. And by the way, I also tend to behave really high and hyperactive as i mentioned in my old post.


So after that incident, I told myself that I will never repeat it again but thanks to my negligence I drank a cup of white milk tea in Hong Kong for dinner. However, i was still a little optimistic that a cup of tea wouldn't affect me much since i was so dead tired.


Wrong.


And how wrong I was. :(


I didn't stay up till 3am this time but at 6 am instead! oh yeah, i ended up watching discovery channel in the middle of the night. The show was 'In the womb : Dogs'. Great show! Recently, this week to be exact, I had a huge cup of tea for lunch. Wrong move again. Apparently, it was too much and I was in hyperactive mode again but because I couldn't burn off the excess energy, I felt depressed and nervous instead. 



So, my alternative to a nice hot drink now is


a cup of hot chocolate or cocoa
(good stuff!)



P/S : Please do not offer me a cup of coffee/tea (a small cup is okay) unless you intend to help me burn of the energy by listening to m gibberish till late in the night. thank youu. :) 

3 comments:

Philip Tan said...

*offers a cup of tea*
-green tea to be exact-


:)

it sounds like you wrote this post after drinking some caffeinated drink.

oh by the way, stay away from Red Bull and the likes...

VK said...

Do i sound high in the post ??
Thank you for the reminder, I will be careful to stay away from drinks with high quantities of caffeine. :)

thanks for the cup of tea! *sips away*

lulu said...

Green tea ... yummy !